The best bike is the bike you ride!

My overwhelming philosophy since I started in the retail cycling business is that a bike is only as good as the amount it gets ridden. Whether an issue of fit or practicality, a bike needs to make its owner want to get out and use it.


Thursday, November 3, 2011

In the shop now

Veloswap gave me some good opportunites to add to my inventory.  I added a Miyata 210, and a Peugeot, model TBD, but with the carbolite 103 tubing.   A picture is below.  I'm trying to determine the best bet for fixing it up.  My thinking is a nice VO Model 3 saddle, plus some elkhide leather handlebar covers, maybe in brown, maybe in black.    That would set it up as a nice rando bike or classic town bike.  Whatever color the saddle and grips are, I plan to make the toe clip straps matching VO leather.

It's a large, and will be for sale shortly.  Notice the slick internal brake cable routing, too!

Any opinions are welcome!



No comments:

Post a Comment